ECE Early Childhood Educator
Haisla Nation Council has an immediate opening for:
C'imo'ca Headstart Daycare - ECE Early Childhood Educator
- Maintain ethical standards of the Child Care profession and the C’imo’ca childcare centre including maintaining continuing competency in the Early Years profession:
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all information related to the children, families, and personnel and fulfill obligations to respect protection of privacy;
- Work cooperatively with the staff team and community resources to support inclusive practice and address the needs of individual children;
- Monitor the child care facility for hazards and take preventative action as required to ensure the child care environment is healthy and safe for all children. Follow the licensing requirements and the centre’s procedures for maintaining health records, administering medication and first aid. Ensure cleanliness and food safe practices are followed;
- Follow all licensing requirements;
- Supervision of children while observing and supporting learning through developmentally appropriate activities.
- Report all accidents, injuries and illnesses to the Manager or designate and record such incidents in the confidential log book and as a reportable incident, as required;
- Report all incidents or alleged incidents of child abuse as required and follow Centre procedures, regional protocols and government legislation;
- Update self daily on children's allergies, special conditions or other pertinent information;
- Work in cooperation with the Supported Child development Workers that are placed in the classroom who follow designated children who may require additional support;
- Encourage families to participate in a variety of meaningful opportunities as they are available and interested. Participate in planning parent conferences;
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality;
- Participate in the annual performance review process and plan and carry out an annual professional development plan;
- Follow the 6 components of Head Start;
- Follow Haisla Nation Council Personnel Policy and Manual;
- Other related duties as requested by the manager.
- ECE certificate or Diploma -Or working towards ECE certificate or diploma;
- A valid license to practice in British Columbia;
- A valid first aid certificate;
- Immunization and medical clearance forms;
- A criminal record check clearance letter;
- Approval by Ministry licensing authority as pre licensing staffing requirements;
- Experience in pre-school, day care or classroom setting;
- Familiarity with the legal requirements of child care programs;
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, the names of three references, and the express permission for Haisla Nation Council to contact these references, as well as your resume through our online application process.
Closing Date: Will remain open until filled.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.