C'imo'ca Daycare Cook
Haisla Nation Council has an immediate opening for:
C'imo'ca Daycare - Cook
- Food prep for groups larger than 10;
- Cooking for young children;
- Working/interacting with children;
- Working with food specifics such as allergies and special food needs;
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all information related to the children, families, and personnel and fulfill obligations to respect protection of privacy;
- Work cooperatively with the staff team and community resources to support inclusive practice and address the needs of individual children;
- Monitor the kitchen facility for hazards and take preventative action as required to ensure the child care environment is healthy and safe for all children;
- Follow the licensing requirements and the centre’s procedures for maintaining health records, administering medication and first aid;
- Ensure cleanliness and food safe practices are followed;
- Report all accidents, injuries and illnesses to the Manager or designate and record such incidents in the confidential log book and as a reportable incident, as required;
- Develop menus for approval by Manager
- Prepare healthy meals for children;
- Engage and support the recycling program;
- Grocery shop when required;
- Perform other duties assigned by the manager or other designate of HNC.
- Grade 12 completion
- Certified Foodservice Professional
- Master Certified Food Executive/Or equivalent experience
- Valid food safe certificate
- A valid first aid certificate;
- Immunization and medical clearance forms;
- A criminal record check clearance letter;
- Drivers licence would be an asset.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, the names of three references, and the express permission for Haisla Nation Council to contact these references, as well as your resume through our online application process.
Closing Date: Will remain open until filled.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.