Family involvement worker
Haisla Nation Council has an immediate opening for:
Family Involvement Worker (HCS)
- Be a positive role model for children, parents/guardians
- Knowledge of Resources, Programs and Services that deal with Family Support;
- Knowledge of Substance Abuse, Addiction and Family Violence;
- Knowledge of Child Abuse and Neglect Indicators;
- Demonstrate willingness to work as part of an interdisciplinary team;
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and interpersonal communication skills;
- Knowledge of local Indigenous heritage, language and culture;
- High level of sensitivity and experience working with Indigenous children, families and community;
- Follow and adhere to the Haisla Nation Council Personnel Policy.
- Teacher certification, Social Services Worker;
- Valid First Aid Certificate;
- Driver's License;
- Food Safe Certificate;
- Minimum of 2 years' full-time occupational experience or 5 years' demonstrated experience;
- Dependable, resourceful, creative and good judgement and decision making.
Successful candidate will be required to provide a vulnerable sector criminal record check.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter with their application, the names of three references, and the express permission for Haisla Nation Council to contact these references, as well as your resume using our online application program.
Closing Date: This job posting will remain open until filled.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.